POLICIES FOR ALL COACHES
All coaches must report a list of current athletes to the athletic training staff by June 1 for the following school term. This list should include the athlete’s name, address, date of birth, and student RAM number. These students will be contacted through mail correspondence as to when physicals will be given during the summer time.
If there are late additions to the list, please contact the training room staff as soon as possible so that a phone call or letter can notify the incoming athlete of the clearance policy.
All coaches should inform their incoming athletes of the required forms needed during the summer months. All athletes must complete these forms and submit them to the athletic training room along with clearance notes from the health and wellness center to be deemed cleared.
The athletic training room staff will report to the coach when the athlete is cleared for participation. They will be provided with a complete list of “cleared players”.
- It is pertinent that all coaches hand in a practice schedule two weeks in advance to the athletic training staff. Adjustments will be made due to inclement weather.
- Once an athlete is seeking treatment for injuries, the training room staff will inform the coach when the athlete is able to return to practice and/or games.
- No athlete will be able to get treatment during practice hours. Please refer to treatment policies.
- Medical Kits: All in-season sports are assigned a medical kit for the season. The coach for their respective team is responsible for keeping their kit stocked. Please bring your kits into the training room before a game to get it restocked.
- For travel: All kits will have a list of cleared athletes, along with all medical information and insurance information in case of injury at away events. These kits must be carried at all times.