Athletic Training Room Policies
- All athletes must make an appointment for rehabilitation/treatment with one of the Certified Athletic Trainers or with our team Physical Therapist.
- Physical Therapy Appointments run Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11:00am-12:30pm
- Injury Rehabilitation and Treatment Appointments with the Certified Athletic Trainers run Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 11:00am- 1:00pm
- Treatment and modalities will not be given during practice times.
Training Room Hours
Weekdays: 11 a.m. - the end of practice/contests. Prior to 1 p.m. is by appointment only
Weekends: 1 hour prior to scheduled practices, 2 hours prior to the start of contests
For all home contests, the Athletic Training Facility will open 2 hours prior to the event.
Athletic Training Room Rules and Regulations
- All Athletes must be in the proper practice or game uniform before receiving treatment or other medical services. (i.e.: t-shirt, shorts, sneakers/flip-flops) NO BAREFEET
- Sign-In BEFORE all treatments.
- In-season athletes will receive priority.
- NO SHOES on the treatment tables.
- No equipment of any kind is allowed in the Athletic training facility. (i.e.: sticks, gloves, helmets, balls)
- NO CLEATS allowed.
- Profanity and other derogatory/abusive language will NOT be tolerated.
- No Chewing Tobacco
- Athletes must SHOWER before using whirlpools
- No equipment is allowed to leave this room without Athletic Training Staff permission.
- Cell phone use is prohibited during evaluations and taping. If you want to listen to music during treatments, make sure we can’t hear it.
- Ice Packs in the freezers are used if you are staying to ice. Ice bags are used if you are leaving.
- DO NOT use the whirlpool if you have any open wounds or skin conditions.
- This is a Co-Ed facility. Appropriate dress and behavior is required at all times.
- Athletes must report all injuries to the Athletic Training Staff immediately.
- This is NOT a HANGOUT. If you are not receiving treatment, you will be asked to leave.
- NO FOOD or BEVERAGES of any kind are allowed.
**Athletes will treat all Athletic Trainers with the utmost respect. **
**Failure to comply with these rules and regulations will result in removal from the Athletic Training Facility**
Area Medical Services
St. Joseph's Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital
Farmingdale State Health and Wellness:
Physical Therapist :
Pro Sports Care of Long Island
Dr. William J. Schwarz, PT, DPT
5700 Merrick Road
Massapequa, NY 11758
Dr. James Paci, MD
222 Middle Country Rd Suite #340
Smithtown, NY 11787
45 Crossways Park Drive
Woodbury, NY 11797
University Police Department: