Athletic Training Room Policies
- Please make an appointment for rehabilitation/treatment with one of the certified athletic trainers or with our team Physical Therapist.
- Injury Rehabilitation and Treatment Appointments run Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 11:00am - 1:00pm
- Physical Therapy Appointments run Tuesdays and Thursdays from 11:00am - 12:30pm
- Treatment and modalities will not be given during practice times.
Training Room Hours
Weekdays: 11 a.m. - the end of practice/contests. Prior to 1 p.m. is by appointment only.
Weekends: 1 hour prior to scheduled practices, 2 hours prior to the start of contests.
For all home contests, the Athletic Training Facility will open 2 hours prior to the event.
Athletic Training Room Rules and Regulations
All Athletes must be in the proper attire before receiving treatment or other medical services (i.e. t-shirt, shorts, sneakers/flip-flops) NO BARE FEET.
- Sign-In BEFORE all treatments.
- In-season athletes will receive priority.
- NO SHOES on the treatment tables.
- No equipment of any kind is allowed in the athletic training facility (i.e. sticks, gloves, helmets, balls).
- NO CLEATS allowed.
- Profanity and other derogatory/abusive language will NOT be tolerated.
- No Chewing Tobacco.
- Athletes must SHOWER before using whirlpools.
- No equipment is allowed to leave this room without staff permission.
- Cell phone use is prohibited during evaluations and taping. If you want to listen to music during treatments, make sure we can’t hear it.
- Ice Packs in the freezers are used if you are staying to ice. Ice bags are used if you are leaving.
- DO NOT use the whirlpool if you have any open wounds or skin conditions.
- This is a Co-Ed facility...appropriate dress and behavior is required at all times.
- Athletes must report all injuries to the Athletic Training Staff immediately.
- This is NOT a HANGOUT. If you are not receiving treatment, you will be asked to leave.
- NO FOOD or BEVERAGES are allowed.
**Athletes will treat all Athletic Trainers with the utmost respect. **
**Failure to comply with these rules and regulations will result in removal from the Athletic Training Facility**
Area Medical Services
St. Joseph's Hospital
Good Samaritan Hospital
Farmingdale State Health and Wellness:
Pro Sports Care of Long Island
Dr. William J. Schwarz, PT, DPT
William J. Vanvynck, PT, ATC
5700 Merrick Road
Massapequa, NY 11758
The Central Orthopedic Group
651 Old Country Road
Plainview, NY 11803
Phone: (516) 681-8822
Fax: (516) 681-3332
University Police Department: