New York, N.Y. - The Skyline Conference has announced the 2018-19 Scholar-Athletes of the Year. A Scholar-Athlete of the Year Award is presented to the first-team All-Conference performer who carries the highest grade point average (minimum 3.30) for the semester in which the student-athlete competes. In the sports of basketball and swimming and diving, the highest cumulative grade point average (minimum 3.30) for both the fall and spring semesters was used.
For FSC, junior Erin Lettieri (West Islip, N.Y.) (Women's Cross Country), sophomore Taylor Stoerback (St. James, N.Y.) (Men's Golf), junior John McMahon (West Babylon, N.Y.) (Men's Lacrosse), freshman Joshua Green (Shelter Island, N.Y.) (Men's Outdoor Track) and junior Nicole Ferguson (Shirley, N.Y.) (Women's Outdoor Track) were all named Scholar-Athletes of the Year.
Lettieri placed third in the 2018 Skyline Conference Women's Cross Country Championship, crossing the finish line with a 6,000-meter time of 25:58.01.
Stoerback helped the Rams to a 28-stroke triumph at the 2018 Skyline Conference Golf Championship, as he tied for fourth on the 36-hole weekend with a 172 at Baiting Hollow Club.
McMahon filled the Rams' stat sheet in 2019 with eight goals, 88 ground balls, 18 caused turnovers and a 118-for-207 (.570) success rate on face-offs.
Green, who also was the Runner and Rookie of the Year in cross country, won the 800-meter run in his first Skyline track and field championship with a time of 2:00.76.
Ferguson helped the Rams to back-to-back conference titles with a 5:09.01 victorious time at the conference championship in the 1,500-meter run.
2018-19 Skyline Conference Scholar-Athletes of the Year
- Baseball: Andrew Spinnenweber, U.S. Merchant Marine Academy
- Men's Basketball: Gabriel Leifer, Yeshiva
- Women's Basketball: Victoria Porcasi, St. Joseph's-Brooklyn
- Men's Cross Country: Lucas Jordan, U.S. Merchant Marine Academy
- Women's Cross Country: Erin Lettieri, Farmingdale State
- Golf: Taylor Stoerbeck, Farmingdale State
- Men's Lacrosse: John McMahon, Farmingdale State
- Women's Lacrosse: Samantha Caruso, St. Joseph's-Long Island
- Men's Soccer: Sam Ney, U.S. Merchant Marine Academy
- Women's Soccer: Brittany Bornstad, Mount Saint Mary
- Softball: Jessica Mecham, St. Joseph's-Brooklyn
- Men's Swimming and Diving: Christopher Kahl, U.S. Merchant Marine Academy
- Women's Swimming and Diving: Devon Peal, Sarah Lawrence
- Men's Tennis: Mikey Ozery, Yeshiva
- Women's Tennis: Taylor Hanscom, St. Joseph's-Long Island
- Men's Outdoor Track and Field: Joshua Green, Farmingdale State
- Women's Outdoor Track and Field: Nicole Ferguson, Farmingdale State
- Men's Volleyball: Sibi Selvarajah, Yeshiva
- Women's Volleyball: Jessica Young, St. Joseph's-Long Island