Rams Fall in Second Round to Williams
- Post best record in school history, 13-3 -
Williamstown, Mass. - Williams College topped Farmingdale State in a 5-0 sweep this afternoon in a Second Round match at the 2011 Division III Men's Tennis tournament. The contest saw grey skies and a cool afternoon, but Williams rolled to a victory by decision.
The Ephs got off to a hot start with a sweep of doubles play. The duo of Trey Meyer and Felix Sun played a commanding match at #2 doubles, winning 8-0, against senior Theo Gioles (Wantagh, N.Y.) and sophomore Alex Bessarabov (Lindenhurst, N.Y.). The #3 pair, Kevin Shallcross and Will Petrie, played to an 8-1 victory over senior Chris Genzmann (Massapequa, N.Y.) and freshman Joe Falcetta (Deer Park, N.Y.).
Brian Chow was the first Eph to finish in singles when he claimed the 6-0, 6-0 victory over #5 singles player Joe Falcetta. Playing on the court next to him, Dylan Page closed out the match with the final point in a 6-2, 6-0 win at #6 against senior Chris Genzmann.
Williams advances to play the winner of Johns Hopkins and Vassar on Sunday at 3:00 p.m., while the Rams end their best season in program history with an overall record of 13-3.
[ ] = Order of Finish
- Bryan Chow/Matt Micheli (W) def. Christian Bormann/Joseph Passarella (FS) -- 8 - 2 
- Felix Sun/Trey Meyer (W) def. Alex Besserabov/Theo Gioles (FS) -- 8 - 0 
- Will Petrie/Kevin Shallcross (W) def. Joseph Falcetta/Chris Genzmann (FS) -- 8 - 1 
- Felix Sun (W) vs. Christian Bormann (FS) -- 6-0, 4-0 DNF
- Matt Micheli (W) vs. Joseph Passarella (FS) -- 6-0, 4-1 DNF
- Trey Meyer (W) vs. Alex Besserabov (FS) -- 6-0, 2-1 DNF
- Zach Weiss (W) vs. Theo Gioles (FS) -- 6-0, 2-0 DNF
- Bryan Chow (W) def. Joseph Falcetta (FS) -- 6-0, 6-0 
- Dylan Page (W) def. Chris Genzmann (FS) -- 6-2, 6-0