Lamarre Leaps into ECAC's
- CTC Championships at Wesleyan University -
Middletown, Conn. - Senior Alix Lamarre (North Bellmore, N.Y.) won the Long Jump with an ECAC qualifying jump of 6.72m (22' 3/4") at the Collegiate Track Conference Championships on Saturday, February 8th. Alix completely dominated the competition as all six of his jumps would have won the event.
The 4x200m Relay team of sophomore James D'onofrio (West Babylon, N.Y.), senior Steven Renteria (West Babylon, N.Y.), junior Joseph Papa (Harrison, N.Y.) and sophomore Ray Austin (Montego Bay, Jamaica) placed 3rd with a time of 1:34.75. Their time was converted to bank track time of 1:33.09, which qualifies them for the ECAC's and moves them to a tie for #10 on the FSC All-Time list. James also placed 7th in the 60m Dash with a time of (7.23 trials) 7.28 in the final. Steve also placed 5th in the High Jump with a jump of 5' 10".
The men's team placed 8th with 40.5 points and the women's team placed 14th with 4 points.
Additional scorers and personal bests:
- Men's 60m Hurdles - Jonathan Gortman (9.03 trials) 9.02 final, 6th place; Donte McArthur (9.13 trials) 9.46 final, 8th place, new personal best and improves all-time list performance
- Men's 4X800m Relay - Jacob Kashani, Dan Barrett, Patrick DiMaria, Wagner Cepeda Aquino, 9:34.65, 6th place
- Men's Pole Vault - Karl Nilsen, 3.95m (12' 11 1/2"), 4th place; Jordan Kohlman, 3.80m (12' 5 1/2"), 7th place
- Men's Triple Jump - Daquan Grant, 13.13m (43' 1"), 4th place
- Men's 60m - Ray Austin, 7.43 moves to #7 on all-time list
- Women's Pole Vault - Erin Donovan, 2.40m (7' 10 1/2"), new personal best, moves to #3 on the FSC All-Time list
- Women's 20 Lb. Weight Throw - Maia Cadle-Hinton, 11.58m (38'), new personal best and improves alll time list performance